Action Air Guns
They are essentially a special type of low-power smoothbore air guns designed to pressurize air within an internal chamber to shoot non-metallic spherical projectiles (referred to as BBs) All firearms, including Action Air / Airsoft, are regulated by Divisions in IPSC:
- Action Air Open Division
- Open has very few restrictions on the handgun, magazine capacity and equipment positioning. It is the only division where optical sights and compensators are permitted. The maximum magazine length is 170 mm and can have up to 28 rounds capacity.
- Action Air Standard Division
- The handgun has to fit the IPSC box, and there are restrictions on placement of holster and magazine pouches. Magazines must not extend more than 20 mm below the lowest point of the magazine well when inserted, and can have up to 18 rounds capacity.
- Action Air Production Division
- The handgun must be unmodified and be listed on the IPSC Production Division List. Maximum barrel length is 127 mm, and maximum magazine capacity is 15 rounds.
- Action Air Classic Division
- The pistol has be a 1911 type, fit inside the IPSC box and can have up to 10 rounds capacity.
To see all IPSC Action Air Competition Rules click here.